Tuesday 29 September 2009

Want/Need

What I need to do in the 3rd year:

  • Improve my abilities in layout design

  • Achieve a professional finish to my work

  • Create a portfolio that will get me a job

  • More experience in working with real clients & life briefs

  • Work on my skills in typographic design

  • Learn more about sending work to be printed and costing jobs

  • Work on briefs that involve publication design

  • Make contacts

  • Get more work placements

  • Get my work out there so more people can see it


What I want to do in the 3rd year:

  • Do creative projects

  • Have fun

  • Experiment

  • Get a good result in my degree qualification

  • Become employable as a professional designer

  • Become an expert in publication design

  • Gain more experience in print making

  • Write a brilliant dissertation

  • Do more hand rendered work

  • Create a great portfolio that I'm proud of


Work I need to produce:

  • Dissertation

  • Presentations

  • Blogs

  • Self promotional work

  • Professional quality design work with consideration of print quality, stocks, finishes etc.


Work I want to produce:

  • Books

  • Leaflets

  • Posters

  • Branding

  • Experimental typography


Skills I need:

  • Layout - arrangement in publications

  • Typography - hand rendered, display, publication

  • InDesign - setting up different formats, shortcuts, preparation for print

  • Client contact

  • Job costing


Skills I want:

  • Layout - arrangement in publications

  • Typography - hand rendered, display, publication

  • InDesign - setting up different formats, shortcuts, preparation for print

  • High quality finish of work

  • Letterpress



[table id=1 /]

No comments:

Post a Comment